Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A few of our usuals...

A family member emailed me asking for a few of our usual dinners, so I wrote back. I figured I could include an excerpt here:

______

Amri and I were just talking meal planning last night.

Here are some of our standby meals at our house:

Pasta (we usually do whole wheat, but not always) with tomato sauce, sometimes with a salad, sometimes with simple garlic bread

Stir-fry - this is a big one for us. :)
some combo of veggies (often carrots, broccoli, napa/thin leaf cabbage, garlic, green beans, sugar snap or snow peas, etc., and tofu. We love the Soyaki regular or Veri Veri Teriyaki sauces).

burritos, tacos, fajitas. Beans instead of meat (or occasionally we'll do ground turkey with taco seasoning for tacos depending on who we are cooking for). Some people do the soy crumble stuff. I just haven't.

We want to start doing hearty salad bar nights

We don't do it often at all, but homemade pizza is a god one (yours are amazing!)

Indian food - should I send you our favorites?

Soups - especially crockpot. :) Should I send you a few?

That's a start! :)

I'd love yours, too!!

_____

OK, so the lazy-lady's blogging technique, but better than nothing, I figure! :)

No comments: